So, I’ve got a year’s worth of game designing and prototyping under my belt at this point, and I’m getting the feeling that it’s time for me to move on to projects that are a bit more ambitious in scope. There’s a few directions I’m looking at going with this, and I’d like to hear what you all think:
- Rework one or more of my existing games for a mobile platform and publish it through an app store
- Create a proper PC game of a moderate scope, similar to The Polynomial, and put it up for sale
- Create a PC game of an ambitious scope, with a Wolfire-style public development process, either solo or with a small team
- Finish and publish a non-computer game, such as the card-based tactical game I’ve been working on
- Something else I haven’t thought of yet – suggestions?
My overall mission is to create a game that is financially successful within a year; my personal deadline for picking a project and starting work on it is the end of this month.
Also, Dessert Stressed will be going up tomorrow night – need to keep my game-making skills honed.